Nav Bar

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I Never Got The Chance To Tell Her I Loved Her

It was the first day of school. That was the first time I saw her. An angel sent from heaven in my eyes. And at that very moment. I knew she was going to be the one. You could call it love at first sight if you want.

As time passed by, we became friends. Started talking and hanging out and before I knew it, I was falling for her more and more each day. But I knew, I knew from the start that I loved her and I didn't know why. I knew I wanted her but I wasn't sure yet if she wanted me.

I've always been shy towards girls I crush on. I've always seen my shyness as an obstacle to me in my life and once again I was proved right. I loved her more than the stars loved to shine in the dazzling nights. But I was afraid. I was scared to tell her how I felt. Maybe it was the fear of rejection or maybe I was afraid I'd lose her as a friend once she found out.

So I kept it all to myself. I buried my feelings towards her deep inside myself and not to a single soul I would show my true feelings. For I knew that time would catch up to me sooner or later and one day I'll wake up and she won't be there anymore. I wanted to tell her but I didn't know why I couldn't...

Before I knew it months went by and she was packing her bags to move away. She was traveling half a world away I couldn't believe this was really happening. The day I wished every night never to come has finally arrived.

Before she left, she came up to me and told me I was one of the best friends she ever had. She looked me straight in the eyes for a brief moment like she knew I was dying on the inside just burning up to tell her something but it wouldn't just come out. She gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. As she wrapped her arms around me I wished time would freeze. I wouldn't mind being stuck like that forever...

The truth is, in the end nothing matters. It's what you did before you reached the end that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment